New Delhi(WEB TEAM): Minister of State for Home Haribhai Parathibhai Chaudhary said Dawood is an accused in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case and a red corner notice has been issued against him.

Underworld don Dawood Ibrahim's location is not known to the government and once he is located, his extradition process will be initiated, Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.

Minister of State for Home Haribhai Parathibhai Chaudhary said Dawood is an accused in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case and a red corner notice has been issued against him.

"The United Nations Security Council has also issued a special notice against him. The subject has not been located so far. Extradition process with regard to Dawood Ibrahim would be initiated once the subject is located," he said in reply to a written question.

Speaking to media, RK Singh said, "ISI keeps shifting him (Dawood Ibrahim), if Home Ministry has replied it must be right."

On December 27, 2014, Home Minister Rajnath Singh had said in Lucknow that Dawood is India's most wanted terrorist and India has repeatedly asked Pakistan to hand him over to it.

A day ago, NCP chief Sharad Pawar, who was the chief minister of Maharashtra in early 1990s, declined to comment on the claims that underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, one of the prime accused in 1993 Mumbai blasts, wanted to surrender.

Former Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar in an interview to a national daily last week, was quoted as saying Dawood, labelled by the US as 'Specially Designated Global Terrorist', had got in touch with him and wanted to surrender, but the plan was shelved by the government.

However, the 1976 batch IPS officer who retired as Delhi police chief in 2013, later denied reports attributed to him that Dawood had negotiated surrender with him months after the 1993 blasts and that the government of the day scuttled the plans at the last moment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top