Guwahati, Shazida Khatun: Popularity of MBA programmes are quite evident with the increasing number of candidates applying for common admission test each year. Although MBA is known to be a quick way to get a highly paying job, it is not an easy task to obtain a seat at these schools. For those MBA aspirants who are cannot afford to pursue full-time MBA, many Bschools offer distance learning MBA programmes.
Almost every school recognises and caters to the needs of every MBA aspirant through its distance learning MBA course list. Over the years some of these schools have earned a reputation for various reasons like good placement assistance, quality study material, lectures, etc. Below is the list of top 10 institutions that offer MBA in distance education:
1. Symbiosis Centre of Distance Learning, Pune Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL) is one of the largest autonomous distance learning education institute in India. Programmes offered are Post Graduate Diploma, Diploma and Certificate programs across industry sectors including Business Management, International Business, Banking and Finance, Supply Chain Management, Customer Relationship Management and much more.
For more information, visit www.scdl.net
2. Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi Indira Gandhi National Open University is the world's largest open university in terms of number of students enrolled. It was founded in 1985 & currently serving more than 35 lakhs students worldwide.
For further information, visit www.ignou.ac.in
3. ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad ICFAI is a group of institutions consisting of recognized universities, a deemed-to-be university and several institutions likely to be recognized as universities. The institutions aim to provide the best quality education in Business Management, Technology and Law.
For further information, visit www.icfaiuniversity.in
4. Institute of Management Technology Centre for Distance Learning IMT-CDL offers a wide spectrum of management and information technology programmes. The curriculum is constantly updated to be in touch with the dynamic global and Indian environment. UGC has recognised IMT-CDL to offer various post-graduate management programmes through distance education mode.
For further information, visit www.imtcdl.ac.in
5. Sikkim Manipal University, Sikkim SMU-DE is ISO 9001: 2000 certified university offers distance education programmes in many disciplines. All programmes offered by Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education are recognised by DEC. Sikkim Manipal University (SMU) is the result of a unique partnership between the Government of Sikkim and Manipal Education.
For further information, visit www.smude.edu.in
6. Amity University, UP Amity Directorate of Distance and Online Education (ADDOE) has been providing world-class Distance Education to thousands of students and working professionals across India. Amity has been ranked the No.1 institute for Distance Learning by the prestigious B-school Ranking Survey.
For further information, visit www.amity.edu
7. Annamalai University, Tamilnadu Annamalai Univeristy offers more than 500 different distance study programmes. Programmes offered are postgraduate programmes like Hotel Management and Catering Technology Programmes, Retail Management, Twinning Programme, Programmes on Health Science and much more. All the programmes of study offered by the Directorate of Distance Education have the approval of the Distance Education Council, New Delhi.
For further information, visit www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in/dde/
8. Alagappa University, Tamilnadu The University offers education through Regular, Week-end, Distance and Collaborative modes. The Distance Education Directorate offers variety of programmes to the student community spread across the country and in selected foreign countries. Through all modes of education, the University caters to the needs of the student community of around 1,00,000.
For further information, visit www.alagappauniversity.ac.in
9. Bharathidasan University - Centre for Distance Education BDU-CDE offers more than 20,000 students on roll, with an annual enrolment of about 8,000 to 9,000 students. The Centre for Distance Education offers as many as 60 programmes including 18 UG, 21 PG, 13 Diploma programmes and 8 Professional programmes in selected disciplines. MCA, MBA, Diploma and B.Sc Degree in Animation programmes are the most sought after Courses.
For further information, visit www.bdu.ac.in
10. Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak MD University is a state level university based at Rohtak, Haryana. It offers distance education courses under Directorate of Distance Education (DDE). Currently it offers 40 courses including 21 Postgraduate degree courses, 14 courses for Bachelors degree and 5 courses in P.G. Diploma.
For further information, visit www.mdurohtak.ac.in